Labels

Friday, July 12, 2013

Lox For Breakfast

The idea of Lox and cream cheese on a bagel is definitely not my original idea, but I wanted to share this with those of you who may not have seen or heard of this yummy breakfast delight before.  For those of you who don't know about Lox, its nothing more than smoked salmon, and its easy to find.  The one I used for this recipe I got at Whole Foods, and it was only $5.00 for a decent sized package (sorry I am typing this from work and there is no one at home to tell me the weight of the package I got. I will add an update with it though when I can Ü), but I know you can get it at a regular grocery store, and we've even bought some at Sam's Club.  For the recipe below I only made enough for me to take for breakfast this morning, but larger quantities can always be made and kept in the fridge.   




Ingredients:

2.5 Heaping tbs cream cheese
1.5 Heaping tbs chopped Lox
1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp capers
2 tbs diced tomato

Combine the cream cheese, Lox, dill, and capers in a bowl and mix all together well.  Smear onto both halves of a freshly toasted bagel of your choice.  In the picture I've got a pumpernickel bagel. 

If you don't want to mix everything into the cream cheese you can also spread the plain cream cheese onto your bagel and layer the rest of the ingredients on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment