Labels

Friday, June 7, 2013

Yummy Ground Chicken Sandwhich

I know I haven't been very good about keeping up on sharing my recipes with you guys, but my husband has been doing a lot of our dinner cooking (he is awesome like that).  We got some ground chicken breast to try, and I wanted to make myself a chicken sandwich with some. We went to the Farmer's Market this weekend, where I got some green garlic.  I've been wanting to try some for a while, and this is my first time using it.  Its just garlic with the plant part still attached.  The plant part looks like the top green part of the green onion, and that’s the part I used in this.  I had it for lunch today and it was so good.  It was moist, flavorful, and filling.  My recipe is below. 






Ingredients:                                                                     One Serving

Chicken Patty
1 cup ground chicken breast
1 table spoon chopped green garlic greens
1 table spoon finely chopped white onion
1 table spoon diced jalapeƱo (to taste, I like heat)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Avocado condiment
1/2 an avocado
1 table spoon capers with at small amount of the brine
Fresh ground Black Pepper


For the chicken patty mix all the ingredients together, and form into a patty.  Fry in a frying pan.  When I make something I need cooked all the way through, but I don't want dry I put a lid on the pan and cook it on a low heat.  This makes sure its cooked through, but its still moist when you eat it.  When you're sure its cooked through take the lid off and let it cook for a few min on each side to get the color you want. 

For the avocado condiment I mashed the avocado and the capers together in a bowl.

For the sandwich you see here I used a "white wheat" hamburger bun form a grocery store here called Sprouts (very similar to Whole Foods, but usually not so expensive).  I lightly toasted the bun, added the avocado condiment, placed my patty on top of the condiment.  Then I added smoked Gouda cheese, and some pea shoots that we also got at the Farmer's Market.  Any kind of sprout would be just as good, and you can get them in the area where the salad mixes are at your grocery store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment