Labels

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Healthy Choices

My husband and I have agreed that our eating habits suck, and that has to change for the sake of our son, our budget, and our waistlines. I love to cook, so challenge accepted!!!

First I want to make it very clear that we are not on a diet. I personally don't believe in diets, instead we've decided to make better/healthier eating habits. Dieting isn't practical for your every day life. They can be a weight loss quick fix, but you go off a diet if you don't have healthy eating habits in place then your post diet days likely mean you'll gain all your weight back.

Since I will be doing a majority of the cooking for my family now (we used to eat out a lot) I wanted to start sharing my recipes with you guys.  I commute from one town to another for work.  From the time I leave my house in the morning till I'm back in the evening is almost 12 hours exactly.  I love cooking, but on week nights I want something quick, yummy, and healthy. I also like to pack my own breakfast and lunch, and I don't want to spend a lot of time each evening preparing my meals for the next day, so everything I share will be easy and not take a lot of time. Also I wanted to mention that we are a one income family with a limited grocery budget.  Nothing I make will require weird kitchen tools, or expensive ingredients.  I hope you enjoy the many yummy recipes to come! Ü

No comments:

Post a Comment